A Web app showing Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization procedure
Python
2024-09-04 15:08:11 UTC
Hi !

I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
procedure in action :

https://www.noedge.net/e/

[TODO: synch B on A and more documentation]

The procedure can be fully executed by :

- start the whole simulation
- set clocks randomly as wanted
- click on "A synch B"
(notice that only "local" clock values are taken into account)
- check the result (likely : non synched!)
- apply offset on A or B
- click again on "A synch B"

Comments welcomed!
Maciej Wozniak
2024-09-04 16:37:27 UTC
Post by Python
Hi !
I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
Lest's all kneel before The Holiest Procedure!
Apart of that it's pretty unusable for anything,
after all.
Python
2024-09-04 16:41:11 UTC
Post by Maciej Wozniak
Post by Python
Hi !
I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
Lest's all kneel before The Holiest Procedure!
Apart of that it's pretty unusable for anything,
after all.
I'm not interested on *your* opinion on the *physical*
part as you stopped studying physics as soon as you
"discovered" that it is a religious ideological cult,
didn't you?

I *may* be interested by your opinion on the *code* though :-)

As an "information engineer" you are certainly aware of
OOP clean design and MVC paradigme, right?
Python
2024-09-04 20:51:03 UTC
Post by Python
Post by Maciej Wozniak
Post by Python
Hi !
I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
Lest's all kneel before The Holiest Procedure!
Apart of that it's pretty unusable for anything,
after all.
I'm not interested on *your* opinion on the *physical*
part as you stopped studying physics as soon as you
"discovered" that it is a religious ideological cult,
didn't you?
Come on, the mumble of your idiot guru was not
even consistent, as it has been proven. Why
would anybody sane study it knowing that?
Anybody that has been convinced by your alleged "proof",
Alleged? I've pointed directly 2 denying itself
predictions of the physics of your idiot
guru. No surprise, of course, that a
brainwashed fanatic idiot is proofproof.
Post by Python
I *may* be interested by your opinion on the *code* though :-)
Too bad I'm not interested in your code.
Well, I wasn't that interested anyway. But I would be quite interested
to read some of *your code* :-P
And perhaps you somehow imagine I feel honored
by  that.
Maybe you should. I didn't give up on your case, yet. You may
be saved and join the choir of "brainwashed fanatics" :-P
Python
2024-09-04 19:33:11 UTC
Post by Python
Post by Maciej Wozniak
Post by Python
Hi !
I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
Lest's all kneel before The Holiest Procedure!
Apart of that it's pretty unusable for anything,
after all.
I'm not interested on *your* opinion on the *physical*
part as you stopped studying physics as soon as you
"discovered" that it is a religious ideological cult,
didn't you?
Come on, the mumble of your idiot guru was not
even consistent, as it has been proven. Why
would anybody sane study it knowing that?
Anybody that has been convinced by your alleged "proof",
I'd guess, definitely wouldn't.

to read some of *your code* :-P
ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
2024-09-07 08:06:17 UTC
Post by Python
I *may* be interested by your opinion on the *code* though :-)
I took a look at the brython project on GitHub. That's a pretty
impressive project. Are you Pierre? Then congratulations!

I have on my radar porting an old program of mine to a pure
web application. It had been a finalist in the 1994 Ziff-Davis
Interactive Shareware Awards competition and was a C++ program
than ran on DOS.

I haven't yet settled on the technology that I will employ. One
possibility was a pure JavaScript implementation. More likely
was an MVC program with JavaScript and C#. Seeing your web
implementation of python made me pause for a while. I've been
interested in learning the language. Maybe this would give me
and excuse...
Python
2024-09-07 13:18:59 UTC
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
Post by Python
I *may* be interested by your opinion on the *code* though :-)
I took a look at the brython project on GitHub. That's a pretty
impressive project. Are you Pierre? Then congratulations!
No I'm not :-) We have in common to both be from Brittany though !

I wrote this application in order to illustrate Einstein-Poincaré
synchronization procedure in order to (in order of importance):

- Learn more about Web front development
- Learn about Brython (I'm a Python developer for decades)
- Have fun!
- Show how stupidly wrong Richard "Hachel" Lengrand and Thomas
Heger are
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
I have on my radar porting an old program of mine to a pure
web application. It had been a finalist in the 1994 Ziff-Davis
Interactive Shareware Awards competition and was a C++ program
than ran on DOS.
Nice! Is this software available in binary or source form?
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
I haven't yet settled on the technology that I will employ. One
possibility was a pure JavaScript implementation. More likely
was an MVC program with JavaScript and C#. Seeing your web
implementation of python made me pause for a while. I've been
interested in learning the language. Maybe this would give me
and excuse...
I would definitely suggest Brython instead of JS :-) And definitely
Python instead of C# :-))

BTW, I just update the application there:

https://www.noedge.net/e/

It now allows to check synchronization from Left to Right or Right
to Left.

Plans are to clean up the "view" i.e. the Simulation Class, adapt
to smartphones screens, and propose the Poincaré's setup (i.e.
a light source in the middle between clocks) to illustrate that
what Poincaré and Einstein proposed are equivalent.
ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
2024-09-07 17:08:53 UTC
Post by Python
I would definitely suggest Brython instead of JS :-) And definitely
Python instead of C# :-))
Let's not get into language wars here! Python, for all its renown
as a language great for rapid prototyping, is SLOW. And I would not
use it in large projects. Dynamic typing seems convenient at first,
but it can be an albatross around your neck if you are coding a
complex application.

Of course, there is Mypy.

I would not use python for CPU intensive computations like the
following computation of the Newtonian contribution to Mercury's
precession:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8XIf0XcrpOcV1RwMk9QNzBzVU0?resourcekey=0-5EfA3Gf3b5Ha8i2TANPcHQ

(I believe that Paul Anderson published a similar graph that
was more accurate than mine because he did not use the
simplification of coplanar orbits. My figures are a bit high.)
Python
2024-09-08 01:09:32 UTC
Post by Python
I would definitely suggest Brython instead of JS :-) And definitely
Python instead of C# :-))
Let's not get into language wars here! Python, for all its renown
as a language great for rapid prototyping, is SLOW. And I would not
use it in large projects. Dynamic typing seems convenient at first,
but it can be an albatross around your neck if you are coding a
complex application.
Of course no war :-) I'm just saying how *I* would do it.
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
Of course, there is Mypy.
And Pypy, Cython, and a brain :

https://framagit.org/jpython/sieve_profile
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
I would not use python for CPU intensive computations like the
following computation of the Newtonian contribution to Mercury's
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8XIf0XcrpOcV1RwMk9QNzBzVU0?resourcekey=0-5EfA3Gf3b5Ha8i2TANPcHQ
.... ?
2024-09-05 17:44:50 UTC
Post by Python
Hi !
I've written a Web app to show Einstein-Poincaré Synchronization
https://www.noedge.net/e/
[TODO: synch B on A and more documentation]
- start the whole simulation
- set clocks randomly as wanted
- click on "A synch B"
(notice that only "local" clock values are taken into account)
- check the result (likely : non synched!)
- apply offset on A or B
- click again on "A synch B"
Comments welcomed!
The way you have the simulation programmed, you shouldn't
allow the borders to be adjustable. With the default sizing,
things look OK. But if you change the width, the light pulse
completely misses the clocks.
Python
This should has been fixed. Can you confirm ?
ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
2024-09-10 13:51:38 UTC
Post by Python
Post by ProkaryoticCaspaseHomolog
The way you have the simulation programmed, you shouldn't
allow the borders to be adjustable. With the default sizing,
things look OK. But if you change the width, the light pulse
completely misses the clocks.
This should has been fixed. Can you confirm ?
Yes, it's fixed. :-)