The Tau Ceti traveler
Richard Hachel
2024-09-10 15:55:39 UTC
The Tau Ceti traveler

The Tau Ceti traveler is a relativistic problem imagined by Dr. Richard
Hachel and which consists of the study of the journey to Tau Ceti of an
astronaut evolving in accelerated mode of approximately 10m/s², in order
to maintain his ship in a sort of artificial gravitation.
The distance of Tau Ceti is set at twelve light years.
The departure is from the Cape Canaveral base in Florida.
We set:
a=1.052ly/y²
D=12al
We want to know when and at what speed the spaceship will cross the Tau
Ceti system in the Earth's frame of reference.
We want to know at what speed Tau Ceti will cross the rocket, and at what
time in the rocket's frame of reference.

<http://nemoweb.net/jntp?***@jntp/Data.Media:1>

R.H.
Ce message a été posté avec Nemo : <https://www.nemoweb.net/?DataID=***@jntp>
Mikko
2024-09-11 06:57:25 UTC
Post by Richard Hachel
The Tau Ceti traveler
The Tau Ceti traveler is a relativistic problem imagined by Dr. Richard
Hachel and which consists of the study of the journey to Tau Ceti of an
astronaut evolving in accelerated mode of approximately 10m/s², in
order to maintain his ship in a sort of artificial gravitation.
The distance of Tau Ceti is set at twelve light years.
The departure is from the Cape Canaveral base in Florida.
a=1.052ly/y²
D=12al
Do both "ly" and "al" mean 'light year? If they do, you should use the
same symbol for both.

You should also say what D means.
Post by Richard Hachel
We want to know when and at what speed the spaceship will cross the Tau
Ceti system in the Earth's frame of reference.
Do you mean that the astronaut is flying past tau Ceti without stopping
there?
Mikko
Richard Hachel
2024-09-11 11:31:51 UTC
Post by Mikko
Post by Richard Hachel
The Tau Ceti traveler
The Tau Ceti traveler is a relativistic problem imagined by Dr. Richard
Hachel and which consists of the study of the journey to Tau Ceti of an
astronaut evolving in accelerated mode of approximately 10m/s², in
order to maintain his ship in a sort of artificial gravitation.
The distance of Tau Ceti is set at twelve light years.
The departure is from the Cape Canaveral base in Florida.
a=1.052ly/y²
D=12al
Do both "ly" and "al" mean 'light year? If they do, you should use the
same symbol for both.
Yes. Light-year is année-lumière. ly=al.
Post by Mikko
You should also say what D means.
D=distance (in the two language).
Post by Mikko
Post by Richard Hachel
We want to know when and at what speed the spaceship will cross the Tau
Ceti system in the Earth's frame of reference.
Do you mean that the astronaut is flying past tau Ceti without stopping
there?
Without stopping nor decelerate.

R.H.