E = mc^2
carl ito
2021-05-27 20:11:23 UTC
Ben: Tenors (field vectors) are associated with an entity that constitutes matter yet in vacuum there is not matter so tenor theory (guess) is speculative.

PeterDonis: Not necessarily. Spacetime itself is described by tensors (metric tensor, Riemann tensor, etc.) even in the absence of matter.

Ben: "Maxwell's electrodynamics proceeds in the same unusual way already analyzed in studying his electrostatics. Under the influence of hypotheses which remain vague and undefined in his mind, Maxwell sketches a theory which he never completes, he does not even bother to remove contradictions from it; then he starts changing this theory, he imposes on it essential modifications which he does not notify to his reader; the latter tries in vain to fix the fugitive and intangible thought of the author; just when he thinks he has got it, even the parts of the doctrine dealing with the best studied phenomena are seen to vanish. And yet this strange and disconcerting method led Maxwell to the electromagnetic theory of light!" (Duhem, 1902).

PeterDonis: A reference from 119 years ago, particularly from a philosopher and not a scientist, more particularly one that makes incorrect claims (Maxwell electrodynamics is perfectly consistent), and even more particularly when the issue it is talking about has nothing whatever to do with tensors, is not a good basis for discussion.

Ben: Einstein's energy equation E = mc^2 is used to structurally unify Maxwell's electromagnetic field with matter but Einstein's inertial mass (m = E/c^2) is massless since E represents the energy of an electromagnetic photon (Einstein, § 15). Einstein, Albert. Relativity: Special and General Theory. Brauschweig. 1917. Relativity: The Special and General Theory - Wikisource, the free online library

PeterDonis: You have insufficient privileges to reply here. (Ban) Physics forum======https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-mass-the-source-of-spacetime.1003264/page-3---

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New Forum

"XV. General Results of the Theory

IT is clear from our previous considerations that the (special) theory of relativity has grown out of electrodynamics and optics. In these fields it has not appreciably altered the predictions of theory, but it has considerably simplified the theoretical structure, i.e. the derivation of laws, and—what is incomparably more important—it has considerably reduced the number of independent hypotheses forming the basis of theory. The special theory of relativity has rendered the Maxwell-Lorentz theory so plausible, that the latter would have been generally accepted by physicists even if experiment had decided less unequivocally in its favor." (Einstein, § 15).

"Hence we can say: If a body takes up an amount of energy E, then its inertial mass increases by an amount E/c^2." (Einstein, § 15).

End
carl ito
2021-05-27 20:15:44 UTC
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-mass-the-source-of-spacetime.1003264/page-3
mitchr...@gmail.com
2021-05-27 22:52:57 UTC
Post by carl ito
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-mass-the-source-of-spacetime.1003264/page-3
No. God creates gravity.
Who is going to argue against what God is doing?

Mitchell Raemsch
carl ito
2021-06-01 18:32:40 UTC
All of the post that I have read on this thread are fantastic and extraordinary and have given me transcendental hope for the future that is coming fast and in the superfluous alteration of reality in the sense of stimulated begins since I can feel and see the energy of the time-space of the future expanding and penetrating the ether, composed of matter, of free space which is warming my heart and soul with the oscillation of time-space and the reformation of the gauge using the Langian polynomials. I note the tremendous knowledge and fortitude that is hidden in the deepest curves of the brain where the other bodily parts about to explode into the ecstasy of the Minkowski spacement universe during the big bang that is extended to the level of creation and elimination of the matter that is the neutral part of the internal and celestial perturbation of the human universe of time-space of Einstein’s SR and GR and his astounding imagination which is the origin of relativity.
george ito
2021-06-03 18:27:18 UTC
"we see that the term mc^2, which has hitherto attracted our attention, is nothing else than the energy possessed by the body before it absorbed the energy E." (Einstein, § 15). The main question is : does E represent the energy of a photon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Plus, Lorentz and Maxwell theories are both based on an ether, composed of matter.

"The only aether which has survived is that which was invented by Huygens to explain the propagation of light. The evidence for the existence of the luminiferous aether has accumulated as additional phenomena of light and radiation have been discovered" (Maxwell, Part XCVII, p. 764).

"If we adopt either Fresnel's or Maccullagh's form of the undulatory theory, half of this energy is in the form of potential energy, due to the distortion of elementary portions of the medium, and half in the form of kinetic energy, due to the motion of the medium. We must therefore regard the aether as possessing elasticity similar to that of a solid body, and also as having a finite density." (Maxwell, Part XCVII, p. 767).

"§ 9. Hitherto all quantities of the order p2x /V2 have been neglected. As is well known, these must be taken into account in the discussion of Michelson's experiment, in which two rays of light interfered after having traversed rather long paths, the one parallel to the direction of the earth's motion, and the other perpendicular to it. In order to explain the negative result of this experiment Fitzgerald and myself have supposed that, in consequence of the translation, the dimensions of the solid bodies serving to support the optical apparatus, are altered in a certain ratio." (Lorentz, § 9).

SR and Maxwell equations are theories (guesses) and are unverified assumptions since the ether composed of matter does not physically exist (vacuum) which is the reason for Einstein's energy equation E = mc^2. What more, "In order to explain the negative result of this experiment " Michelson experiment is testing for the ether which result was negative. Lorentz and Einstein reverse the negative result of MX.
mitchr...@gmail.com
2021-06-03 19:33:29 UTC
Post by george ito
"we see that the term mc^2, which has hitherto attracted our attention, is nothing else than the energy
That equation is for light and the atom's energy...

Mitchell Raemsch
george ito
2021-06-03 21:11:29 UTC
"That equation is for light and the atom's energy..." (Mitchell Raemsch)

Einstein is concealing the required connection between Einstein's electromagnetic ether and Einstein's ether that is composed of matter by describing a photon with the kinetic energy.
george ito
2021-06-03 21:15:21 UTC
george ito
2021-06-03 21:16:18 UTC
george ito
2021-06-03 21:19:46 UTC
george ito
2021-06-03 21:20:36 UTC
Einstein is concealing the required connection between Einstein's (1910) electromagnetic ether and Einstein's (1917) ether that is composed of matter by describing a massless photon's energy with the kinetic energy equation (.5 KE = mv2) to structural justify Maxwell's theory since the ether does not physically exist (vacuum).
carl ito
2021-06-11 21:44:16 UTC
What I looking forward too is having herbal tea with all the old actors and musicians +85 so don't disappoint me. You hear?
carl ito
2021-06-11 21:47:52 UTC

Einstein is structurally unifying Maxwell's electromagnetic field with a mass (m) using the inertial mass Eo/c2 (equ 52) since the formation of a light wave requires a medium composed of matter but Einstein's inertial mass (m = Eo/c2) is massless since Eo represents the energy of an electromagnetic photon. The energy of a photons represented with E = pc where p represents the momentum p = mv and v = c which forms E = pc = mc2 that proves Einstein's energy equation E = mc2 depicts the energy of a photon but a photon is massless; consequently, the photon’s momentum is depicted with p = h/λ but using Planck's constant (h), the units of the momentum p = h/λ represent the units of the kinetic energy (kg m/s) yet a photon is massless. Experimentally, a 1.5 meter diameter 5,000 W spotlight is placed with a thin Mylar sheet over the top of the spotlight. When the spotlight is initiated, the Mylar sheet is undisturbed, which is experimental proof that massless photons do not produce momentum.
mitchr...@gmail.com
2021-06-12 00:34:28 UTC
The equation suggests the universal speed limit is also
the math for energy and mass. Solve for C to get
the parallel math...

Mitchell Raemsch
carl ito
2021-06-18 18:48:00 UTC
Post by ***@gmail.com
The equation suggests the universal speed limit is also
the math for energy and mass. Solve for C to get
the parallel math...
Mitchell Raemsch
Are physicists slow or just plain dim similar to a distance star or may a dust particle or fart particle.

https://physicshelpforum.com/threads/e-mc-2.16662/
Vito Barbosa
2021-06-19 19:01:36 UTC
Post by carl ito
The equation suggests the universal speed limit is also the math for
energy and mass. Solve for C to get the parallel math...
Mitchell Raemsch
Are physicists slow or just plain dim similar to a distance star or may
a dust particle or fart particle.
you guys should donate your brains to science, and let your bodies freely
walk around.
mitchr...@gmail.com
2021-06-19 19:34:47 UTC
Post by Vito Barbosa
Post by carl ito
The equation suggests the universal speed limit is also the math for
energy and mass. Solve for C to get the parallel math...
Mitchell Raemsch
Are physicists slow or just plain dim similar to a distance star or may
a dust particle or fart particle.
you guys should donate your brains to science, and let your bodies freely
walk around.
Solve for C. That equation is how the universal speed limit matches
mathematically in quantity for the SQR(E/m)
Null math myth is real.

Mitchell Raemsch

george ito
2021-06-03 21:15:37 UTC
"That equation (E=mc2) is for light and the atom's energy..." (Mitchell Raemsch)