Radar guns and the speed of light
Ed Lake
2021-11-10 17:45:13 UTC
I just uploaded a new version of my paper "An Analysis of Einstein’s Second Postulate to his Theory of Special Relativity." It is at this link: https://vixra.org/pdf/1704.0256v5.pdf

We've been arguing about this paper since May of 2017, but the arguments always get way off track. The key conflict is whether or not the speed of light is the same from ALL OBSERVERS. Obviously it is NOT. Radar guns demonstrate that FACT every day.

A radar gun emits photons that travel at the speed of light, c. Those photons oscillate at a specific frequency. They hit an oncoming vehicle at c+v. That gives the photons an APPARENT higher oscillation frequency. Atoms in the vehicle send photons with that higher oscillation frequency back to the radar gun. Those photons also travel at c. The radar gun compares the oscillation frequency of the photons it emitted to the oscillation frequency of the photons it got back and is thus able to compute the speed of the oncoming vehicle.

The only way this is possible is if the photons hit the target at c+v, which is something the mathematicians in this forum usually claim is impossible.

Discussion?
Michael Moroney
2021-11-10 17:55:36 UTC
Post by Ed Lake
Discussion?
Not possible with someone with a fixed idée fixe such as yourself, who
won't (can't) understand the actual science behind why your beliefs are
wrong.
Ed Lake
2021-11-10 18:00:38 UTC
Post by Michael Moroney
Post by Ed Lake
Discussion?
Not possible with someone with a fixed idée fixe such as yourself, who
won't (can't) understand the actual science behind why your beliefs are
wrong.
Likewise, it is not possible with someone like you who won't (can't) understand
the actual science behind why your beliefs are wrong.

So, I'm trying to discuss the FACTS about radar guns. The FACTS
say that radar guns measure the difference between c and c+v by
measuring the change in photon oscillation frequency.

Ed
Odd Bodkin
2021-11-10 18:33:17 UTC
Post by Ed Lake
Post by Michael Moroney
Post by Ed Lake
Discussion?
Not possible with someone with a fixed idée fixe such as yourself, who
won't (can't) understand the actual science behind why your beliefs are
wrong.
Likewise, it is not possible with someone like you who won't (can't) understand
the actual science behind why your beliefs are wrong.
Sorry, Ed, but the fact here is that “actual science” is not what you’re
doing.

You are unversed in “actual science”. You are neither educated or practiced
in “actual science”. Instead you are practiced at amateur sleuthing and
armchair “analysis”, which is nothing like “actual science”.

A good indicator of whether you are capable of “actual science” is whether
you have demonstrated an ability to comprehend “actual science” textbooks.
Since you have deflected by saying that you are uninterested in the
textbooks, don’t have the time to study the textbooks, or that the
textbooks are faulty because they are incomprehensible, this alone is
sufficient to make clear you are unequipped to do “actual science”.

“Actual science” cannot be mimicked by unread amateurs. The attempt is
transparent, foolish, and a waste of others’ time.
Michael Moroney
2021-11-10 18:37:08 UTC
Post by Ed Lake
So, I'm trying to discuss the FACTS about radar guns.
Facts? That you post a claim here doesn't make your claim a "fact".
Post by Ed Lake
The FACTS
say that radar guns measure the difference between c and c+v by
measuring the change in photon oscillation frequency.
No, it is your belief, not a fact, that radar guns do that.

Learn the difference between what you believe and what facts are.
Ed Lake
2021-11-10 20:14:35 UTC
Post by Ed Lake
The FACTS
say that radar guns measure the difference between c and c+v by
measuring the change in photon oscillation frequency.
No, it is your belief, not a fact, that radar guns do that.
Learn the difference between what you believe and what facts are.
I know what the facts are. I OWN a radar gun. I've STUDIED how they
work. I've studied the radar gun PATENTS.
What you BELIEVE is NONSENSE and cannot possibly work.

Radar guns measure the difference in oscillation frequencies between
what the gun transmits and what it receives back. That difference in
oscillation frequencies is DIRECTLY RELATED TO the difference between
c and c+v.

Ed
Michael Moroney
2021-11-10 21:56:15 UTC
Post by Ed Lake
The FACTS
say that radar guns measure the difference between c and c+v by
measuring the change in photon oscillation frequency.
No, it is your belief, not a fact, that radar guns do that.
Learn the difference between what you believe and what facts are.
I know what the facts are.
Obviously, you do not. You have some sort of "idée fixe" belief about
how they work, and because your "idée fixe" belief is so thoroughly
burned into your mind, you cannot tell the difference between it and "fact".
Post by Ed Lake
I OWN a radar gun.
So? I do as well. Using it shows many of your so-called "FACTS" to be false.
Post by Ed Lake
I've STUDIED how they
work. I've studied the radar gun PATENTS.
And (mis)interpreted them to fit your "idée fixe".
Post by Ed Lake
What you BELIEVE is NONSENSE and cannot possibly work.
What *you* BELIEVE are not "FACTS" as you claim. You cannot tell the
difference between your own beliefs and "FACTS". Your so-called "FACTS"
are what is nonsense.
Post by Ed Lake
Radar guns measure the difference in oscillation frequencies
You mean the frequencies of the transmitted wave and the reflected wave.
Post by Ed Lake
between what the gun transmits and what it receives back.
From the Doppler effect. Sound does the same thing.
Relativity tells us "c+v" is impossible. FAIL.
Maciej Wozniak
2021-11-10 22:15:32 UTC
Relativity tells us "c+v" is impossible. FAIL.
The Shit and stupid Mike tells us!!! Must be true!!!!
In the meantime in the real world, however, forbidden by
your moronic religion GPS clocks keep measuring
t'=t, just like all serious clocks always did.
Odd Bodkin
2021-11-10 22:15:57 UTC
Post by Michael Moroney
Post by Ed Lake
between what the gun transmits and what it receives back.
From the Doppler effect. Sound does the same thing.
Post by Ed Lake
That difference in
oscillation frequencies is DIRECTLY RELATED TO the difference between
c and c+v.
Relativity tells us "c+v" is impossible. FAIL.
Moreover, direct experiments that have nothing to do with radar guns or
Doppler show that c+v does not happen. If you have one application that is
consistent with an interpretation of c+v and also consistent with an
interpretation of c, and a different application that is INCONSISTENT with
c+v and consistent with an interpretation of c, then the interpretation of
c+v is RULED OUT. Just trying to interpret radar guns as being consistent
with c+v is not enough. It has to be consistent with ALL applications,
including non-Doppler experiments that measure TIME OF FLIGHT of photons.

Moreover, it is clear that Ed cannot do the simple math that distinguishes
the VALUE of the frequency shift between what relativity predicts (which
has a square root) and what c+v predicts (which has no square root). The
QUANTITATIVE match to measurement that rules out c+v, not just qualitative
shifting up or shifting down, is what Ed cannot do.
Maciej Wozniak
yuuyyu
but your name is *Kibo_Pari*, not "Michael". Michael is a slavic name.
Ed Lake